Declaration of Equal Value issued by this Embassy is required in Italy, among other things, in order for Irish qualifications to be recognised and to allow the applicant both to pursue further studies (School/University) and to apply for work in Italy.
This document states the value of the academic/professional qualifications obtained in Ireland, with reference to the local legal system. The Declaration of Equal Value DOES NOT imply any recognition, equivalence or approval of the qualification to which it refers; it is a document of an exclusively informative nature, aimed at providing all useful information of the foreign qualification in order to allow the competent Italian Authorities to evaluate the qualification and to recognise it within the Italian legal system, according to current legislation.
Necessary documentation to be sent BY EMAIL, IN THE FIRST INSTANCE:
- Declaration of Equal Value Request Application Form, completed in full, dated and signed by the applicant. If the applicant is a minor, the form must be signed by the parents.
- Photocopy of the applicant’s identification document from which the Embassy may verify the authenticity of the holder’s signature: passport (first three pages) or Identity Card (front and back).
- Photocopy of the qualification.
- Translation into Italian of the qualification (except for degrees in Latin for which it is not required)
- Photocopy of the student transcript/school statement – list of subjects studied and/or exams taken.
- Translation into Italian of the student transcript/school statement
- Letter issued by the Academic Institution/School confirming: that the qualification was granted, indicating from when to when the applicant attended the course (i.e. the academic record), if part-time or full time, the entry requirements, and the name of the person who signed the parchment. This letter is for Embassy purposes only and should not be translated.
Irish “Leaving Certificate”: the Declaration of Equal Value will be issued at the end of the Senior Cycle only if the applicant has completed 12 years of schooling or if the applicant has attended the “Leaving Certificate” two-year cycle (i.e. fifth and sixth year). The Declaration is issued only if a pass has been achieved in at least 6 subjects.
Once all the above documentation has been received, the Embassy will send an e-mail informing the applicant of the costs involved for the entire operation, the payment methods and how to collect the Declaration.
FOLLOWING THE EMAIL:
Documentation which is required to sent IN THE ORIGINAL to the embassy address:
Ambasciata e Cancelleria Consolare
63/65 Northumberland Road
At the hatches of the Consular Office of the Embassy of Italy in Dublin, on a day and at a time indicated by the Embassy, or by post.
- Original document of the qualification
- Original document of the student transcript (list of subjects studied and/or exams taken)
If the applicant is living in Italy, he/she can post a certified photocopy of the qualification and of the student transcript to this Embassy. This certification may be obtained from the Comune/Municipality in Italy where he/she is residing. The Municipality will stamp the photocopies with the necessary certification.
PLEASE NOTE – Requests are registered and dealt with according to their arrival date. There will be no exceptions regarding skipping the queue out of fairness to those who have submitted a request before yours and out of respect for those who carry out the work.
Waiting times vary from 30 to 60 days, providing the application is complete and correct